Thursday, May 24, 2007

I didn't realize how many people read my blog. It's weird going to church and someone coming up and saying "I read your post on Monday.", or "I really like the video you posted on Wednesday." etc... I kind of figured that some would read it, but not so many as have. I guess that’s what happens when your link shows up on popular blogs such as Emily's and Brendon's.

I guess I should say thanks to those who have read it, and commented on it. It kind of makes me feel less stupid for trying this out. Like it's not all completely dumb ramblings. Like this one.

Today I feel compelled to write about how I keep sane on the freeways, driving all day, with all those crazy orange countyites.*

Listening to music has always been my way of not going all road ragey on people. If you didn't know I actually have quite a temper. And it only seems to get more enraged when people drive stupidly around me. When Brendon, Rachel and I were at Magic Mountain I told him, "I just in a punching mood today."

I know, I know, I not one to talk about proper driving procedure. Just look at the front of my truck. But that was mainly because my brain stopped working in the middle of a left turn. Otherwise I think I am pretty good driver. Others may say different.

Anyways back to music, I used to listen to Kroq 106.7 on the radio, or if I had a cd it was usually a Reel Big Fish CD, or something like System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine, Black Sabbath, etc... I used to feel that the harder, edgier it was the more relaxed while driving I was. I would sing along**, not caring about the lyrics, just liking the sound.

Then I wondered one day, "Is this music, for all intents and purposes, good for me?" Like was it helping me grow in Christ? I actually sat an listened to some of it. And decided that no it wasn't. Now I still like the music, but its not going to be on my radio for a long time.

So I started listening to The Fish 95.5. Considering the only Christian music I own is Veggie Tales CDs. I listened to that for a while, but grew tired of the amount of actual "Christian" music they played. Its a great station and I am sure a lot of people really enjoy it. But for me it just wasn't flying.

So I started listening to political radio, and just found myself getting angry.

Well one day at work I was messing with my HD-Radio (which is awesome by the way), trying to find the different HD-Sub-stations. While doing that I stumbled upon a station coming from Redlands. Its called KSGN 89.7, and its fantastic. It plays all "Christian" worship type music. They don't have a very large song list, but thats alright because most the songs they do play are great no mater how many times I hear them. Now I know that when I sing** along its usually glorifying to God. And I feel less angry when I drive.

My only issue is that the station comes in very faintly and I am always struggling to keep it up. So now I have to go buy some new CDs to fill those dead areas.

So give it a listen if you can catch it. They also stream online so try there if you like. Its also completely listener supported. So there are very few commercials.

Thanks again for reading. I'll see ya'll sometime this week Thursday or Sunday.

Pslam 126:2-3

2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,

And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
"The LORD has done great things for them."

3 The LORD has done great things for us,
And we are glad.


*I have had more drivers try to kill me in OC than in LAC.

**singing is a term used lightly. Like I told nate on saturday, "I can't sing, play, or do anything musically, but I can usually tell when something/someone doesn't play/sing right. And I usually get chastised for pointing it out.

No comments: